My friend, Mama Mary, tagged me in a meme. Mary is a new friend and getting to know her (and her delightful daughters) has made me happy, so in return, I am honoring her request that I answer the following:
10 Things That Make Me Happy:
1. Chatting with my teenage daughter and son. And I mean that. I am really enjoying watching them develop into adults. They are interesting people, my kids. And, they inspire me in many, many ways.
2. My Pug. I am seriously in love with this dog. He is so damn sweet. And, (this is the best part), he has picked me to be his person. He follows me everywhere and has made it clear to everyone else in the house that he ADORES me. It feels good to be adored. Please don’t tell my Bulldog.
3. My car. Yes, I am being shallow, but I have to admit that I really like my car. It is a convertible and nothing, (well, almost nothing) is as enjoyable to me as riding with the top to my car down. I have owned convertibles for some time but this one, the one I bought when the economy (read: car industry) was at an all time low, (read: desperate to make sales)—is my favorite.
4. Being a Georgia Bulldog. Yes, as corny, or lame, as this might sound, I love being a graduate of the University of Georgia. Not surprisingly, it makes me very happy when sports teams from Georgia (and that includes the state and not just the university) do well. I am proud to be associated (even loosely) with UGA.
5. Playing tennis. I did not view myself as having athletic ability until I was in my mid-twenties. I did not start playing tennis until six years ago (hint: I was not in my mid-twenties). Needless to say, I wish I had started sooner–I love tennis!
6. Listening to the music that was played on college radio and on MTV in the 1980s. I like music from before that time period, and after, but–late 1970s-late 1980s–classic alternative, punk, new wave, ska, early rap— definitely my favorite.
7. Hanging out with my husband, just the two of us. Doesn’t happen a ton, but when it does—whether we are watching appointment TV, or taking a walk, or out to dinner—hanging alone with my homeboy makes me happy.
8. Catching up with my friends from Atlanta. I don’t get to do it as often as I’d like, but it makes me very happy to hear the voices of my girls from the ATL.. You know who you are—and yes, I owe all of you a phone call.
9. Documentaries. I enjoy the heck out of a good documentary. Can be on just about any subject too. If the story is well told, I like it!
10. Watching sporting events—live or on TV. If you haven’t clued in on this yet (via Twitter, this blog or just knowing me) I love me some sports. I even watch (willingly) the NFL Draft and Combine. Just how I roll. Makes me happy and (when it comes to the teams I follow) a bit crazy.
I am going to tag the following people even though several of them write their blogs on one specific topic (you know who you are) and might not participate. It’s all good if you choose not to.
Bernie from Bernies Dawg Blawg
Deb from Suburb Sanity
Mike from DawgsBui 2.0
Rebekah from Shmy Way or the Highway
Tommy from What Did You Say?
Noel from Bird Rock Fabrications
Suzette from Mamarazzi Knows Best